You get a one for two panel special today, guys. Why? Because these two panels hold one of the most infamous scene in the entire freaking series. It literally has to be seen, I actually cherry picked and highlighted the worst parts of this fuckery. I suggest once again that you should read it twice and let the hate flow freely within you.
- First of all, where the fuck does Alexander Lightwood get off by saying that it was Clary’s fault that Jace went after Simon. Clary has only known this guy for a fucking week, and now she is suddenly responsible for Jace’s actions. Jace is a big fucking boy and he could make his own decisions.
- Also, if Jace is so suicidal, why aren’t you urging him to get help, Alec? Why are the Lightwoods and Hodge allowing him to go into battle situations? I know that even in the military that Commanders have and will take a soldier off of active duty for mental health reasons. I also have to ask, how does the Clave handle mental health? I have a feeling, that they are just as ass backwards about mental health issues as they are about GLBT issues.
- Oh, and by the way “Mundanes are incredibly selfish”. Take your anti-human, racist bullshit and get the fuck out of my face Alexander Lightwood!. The Shadowhunters mission statement is a complete and utter lip service. They don’t help humanity, they don’t patrol, or help investigate the probably thousand of demonic crimes that go around the world. They just sit up on their asses and do exactly nothing.
- Now, Clary, for the most part, I’m actually on your side of the argument. However, I have to ask. Why is killing anything (including Demons) is a sign of success. Seriously, it wouldn’t bug me if this came out of the mouth of someone like Buffy, but Shadowhunters are a bunch of sociopaths. They absolutely enjoy and celebrate killing.
- Clary, just because Alec is being a racist asshat, does not give you the fucking right to use his sexuality against him. Alec can literally lose everything if anyone gets even a whiff that he might not be straight. Yes, you can call him out on his racist bullshit, but you don’t have the right to rub his sexuality in his face. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
- Alec, you have to be the stupidest person ever. Why? Because you just confirmed everything that Isabelle told her. You should have denied it and kept on rolling. I know for Ale, it was a gut reaction. However, I still say that admitting it was still stupid on his part.
- This also proves that Isabelle should have never admitted to Clary that Alec was gay because the very next day Clary uses Alec’s sexuality as a weapon.
- Also, just because someone outed you does not give you the fucking right to put your fucking hands on them, not to mention a defenceless girl. It also doesn’t give you the right to threaten to kill the aforementioned defenceless girl. This makes you look a fucking bully and a coward.
So basically, these two passages just make it clear that both Clary and Alec were wrong. Alec started it, and escalated it, but Clary wasn’t faultless in this encounter Now, this scene would be as horrible if it had the overall goal of allowing Alec himself to confront his own sexuality. But no this whole scene was basically about Jace, and these two idiots being jealous over each other Which is completely and utter disgusting on many levels, and this whole passage makes me want to flip all the freaking tables!